Episode 2: What is Gamification
Here’s a quick outline of this episode:
- Gamification is not new
- Gamification is really “Human-Focused Design”
- It remembers the “feelings” of the humans in the process
- Some examples of Gamification
- Since Games are the first industry to get Human-Focused Design right, we now call it Gamification
- Gamification is not part of the gaming industry
- A big problem in the industry is that people believe that gamification is just adding points, leader board, and badges.
- Points, badges, and leaderboard are a result of Gamification, but they do not define it.
- All games have game elements in them, but only a handful are fun and addicting
WOULD YOU LIKE YU-KAI CHOU TO WORK WITH YOUR ORGANIZATION?
If you are interested in working with Yu-kai Chou for a business project, workshop, speech or presentation, or licensing deal, please fill out the form below..