Your best customers routinely go to your restaurant chains because it’s part of what they do. They like the food, they like the service, and have their favorite meals and combos.
But an inherent problem arises from this: they become lazy
- They become too lazy to try the new items on the menu
- They become too lazy to post positive feedback on Yelp
- They become too lazy to tell their friends about their favorite place to eat
The opportunity is there. The customers that love your food and service are ready to go above and beyond to make sure your business is successful – you just need to make the ask.
Inform them of the new
Though your best customers have their favorite meals, incentivize them to try new things on the menu to change up their routine. Posters and signs are standard at the location, but the real value comes with the ability to communicate with your best customers through their preferred medium.
Customers may choose to subscribe to your business through any of the following mediums:
- Text message
Because they have joined your communication methods, it provides a great platform to tell customers about new menu items, promotions, deals, and upcoming events. New menu items or events provides the perfect excuse to send a message to your customers and get them back into your location.
Post positive feedback on Yelp and other networks
If the customer has had an exceptional experience at your location, then it’s acceptable to politely ask for a review on Yelp and other social networks (such as Facebook places).
How to make the ask:
1. Cashiers: A fun, up-beat, welcoming cashier can politely ask the customer to write a review on Yelp and Facebook
2. Through RewardMe: After the purchase, the customer may choose to share her location through a check-in on Facebook, Twitter, or Foursquare
3. Signage through the location: Make sure to post your Facebook and Twitter links in print material at the location so that customers with smart phone can check-in and write comments on your social profile wall
What to ask for:
1. Yelp: Ask customers to post an honest review on Yelp (don’t ask them for a positive review – if you’ve given them a positive experience, then they’ll post a positive review)
2. Facebook: Ask customers to check-in to Facebook and post a comment or photo on the wall (ask them to post a photo of the food on the wall)
3. Twitter: Ask customer to post a picture or comment about your location and to include your handle: @businessname
Invite their friends
Customer want to invite their friends to your location – they just need a reason why.
Friendly rewards: the following type of rewards inherently drive the customer to bring a friend:
- Buy 1 burger and get another burger of equal or lesser value for free
Gift rewards: some customers may not want to redeem rewards for themselves; instead, they’re motivated by giving rather then receiving. Give these types of customers a rewards that is meant to be “gifted” to a friend.
How it would work:
- Customer receives a Gift Reward: Gift your friend a slice of pizza
- Customer chooses friend through phone book
- Friend receives a text message: “David just gifted you a slice of Pizza at Tony’s Pizza”
- Friend walks into Tony’s Pizza, signs into RewardMe at the POS, and receives a free slice of pizza
Simple, easy, and fast
Your customers want to communicate with you – but you’re going to have to initiate the conversation.
Would you like Yu-kai Chou to work with your Organization?
If you are interested in working with Yu-kai Chou for a business project, workshop, speech or presentation, or licensing deal, please fill out the form below.
4 thoughts on “Why Didn’t Anybody Tell Me?”
Yeah most of the people like the stuff as mentioned by you for example, good quality food and the best services. Enjoy the most beautiful place of the world by travelling with taxi zürich easily and with the most traffic safety measures.
The point you have said about gift rewards that is
ustomer receives a Gift Reward: Gift your friend a slice of pizza looks like very reality. Since I have experienced it many times. To enhance the beauty I have tried many methods, you can also trust in using the services or faltenbehandlung without any fear and you must consult your practitioner before applying.
Yeah, most of the customers when I placed a new product to one of my site gleitschirmfliegen then most of the people contacted me via Email and Facebook. I think nowadays Facebook is dominating the world and if you want to grab more customers then Facebook is the best.
Hi, I have been reading this blog since many days and it is an interesting an useful blog really. You have posted the very much useful information if somebody wants to start his or her business. I have also started a business – that is werbeplakat that offers the high quality for your nice and cute pictures that show your very calm and sweet sweet reminiscences of the past and can facilitate you regarding any dimension.