One of the Top Gamification Evangelists
Gabe Zichermann is one of the biggest evangelists in Gamification. He also has the largest infrastructure to push gamification in the industry – with a large consultancy, blog, and the GSummit, the biggest gamification conference in the industry.
In this 30 minute interview, I reiterate my beliefs in gamification and Octalysis.
- Biggest mistakes Gamification Designers make
- Focus on feelings instead of game mechanics
- The Octalysis Framework
- White Hat vs Black Hat Gamification
- Intrinsic vs Extrinsic Core Drives
- Self-Determination Theory (Mastery, Autonomy etc.) as it relates to White Hat Gamification
- Lessons from Games: Human-Focused Design
- Game Technique – Destiny Child
- Why do many game and serious game designs suck
- Longevity of a game and how it relates to the Endgame
Would you like Yu-kai Chou to work with your Organization?
If you are interested in working with Yu-kai Chou for a business project, workshop, speech or presentation, or licensing deal, please fill out the form below.
6 thoughts on “Interview with Gabe Zichermann in the Gamification Revolution”
I learned a long time ago, when I was a little Jimmy, that If you can get just one thing from a presentation/lecture/etc., then it was worth it. Even though I am excited about the gamification topic, I am also experiencing some overwhelm. While watching this, for some reason I began to get some better ideas in my head of how I can start small even if my overall ideas are huge.
I good to know more about you guys!!
I feel the same way as lolbeans you.
RubenGP Thanks for the compliment! It was fun 😉
Thanks for such a nice interview with the amazing Gabe!