One of the Top Gamification Evangelists
Gabe Zichermann is one of the biggest evangelists in Gamification. He also has the largest infrastructure to push gamification in the industry – with a large consultancy, blog, and the GSummit, the biggest gamification conference in the industry.
In this 30 minute interview, I reiterate my beliefs in gamification and Octalysis.
- Biggest mistakes Gamification Designers make
- Focus on feelings instead of game mechanics
- The Octalysis Framework
- White Hat vs Black Hat Gamification
- Intrinsic vs Extrinsic Core Drives
- Self-Determination Theory (Mastery, Autonomy etc.) as it relates to White Hat Gamification
- Lessons from Games: Human-Focused Design
- Game Technique – Destiny Child
- Why do many game and serious game designs suck
- Longevity of a game and how it relates to the Endgame